Re: no fuel

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: no fuel
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 20:56:18 -0500
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2000 6:55 PM
Subject: no fuel

> i was going down the road and the tr6 just quit;
> car turns over but quits every time like its out of gas; but its not.
> the fuel pump was rebuilt 2 months ago with kit from TRF. so i don,t think
its
> the fuel pump, but i won't rule it out.
> also car was running very rich; is that just a matter of adjusting the
carbs
> with adjustment tool?
> any ideas?
> al salvatore

Had a similar problem with my Sunbeam Tiger. It was the ignition condensor.
The car would start fine, but once it warmed up, it would die. Let it sit
until cold, and it would fire right up. Also, an old or defective ignition
coil will exhibit similar symptoms. How old is your coil?
I'd check this first before blaming the carbs- 90% of the time it's the
ignition side of things that acts up