[no subject]

To: <ashleys@es.co.nz>
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:47:35 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi!,My text on Vanguard/TR blocks,i have since had one enquiry on TR
stud
size,i have made a blue,TR has 1/2 inch & the Vanguard has 7/16
inch.The
"Pennant" Vanguard car did have the same head studs as the TR block.In
its
day the Pennant was a sporty Vanguard,i remember while in England in
the
late 60s the Kray twins that ran the underworld in London had this
fast
Vanguard that could out run the police cars of the day..Cheers Ashley.

Ashley, unless there was a territorial re-naming of the Vanguard in
New Zealand, I think (with respect) that there is a confusion of names
here. The Pennant was a re-styled Standard Ten with remote control
gearchange and different instrument panel. The twin carb (Phase 3)
Vanguard was a 'Sportsman' and over about a five year period, only
1000 were made.

Jonmac