RE: I've only got 12 inches...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: I've only got 12 inches...
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:21:34 -0800
Frank :

I would strongly suggest a taller set of jackstands, like the 6 ton ones from
Harbor Freight.

IMO you also should plan on replacing the rod, main, and thrust bearings while
you have it apart.  Even if worn bearings is not the cause of your low oil
pressure (and I'd bet it is), IMO it's worth changing the bearings anytime the
pan is off.  Bearings are cheap, and changing them will make the crank (which
is not cheap) live longer.  BTW, the 'tractor engine' Haynes recommends
changing the bearings every 30K miles.

Randall
59 TR3A