Re: headlight upgrades

Subject: Re: headlight upgrades
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:35:13 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> See http://www.dimebank.com/Light-up.html - and note, particularly,
> my comments about J.C. Whitney headlamps. (don't bother).

Chris :

I've bought several sets of H4 headlamps from Whitney over the years
(for different vehicles).  They have all been different brands, from
different countries of origin, but all have compared favorably to the
pair of Cibie H4 (that cost over twice as much).  The last set of
enclosures I got was Victory brand, made in Brazil.  I replaced them
only because after almost 15 years of use (and the car being stored
outdoors), the silver reflector was getting hazy, resulting in the beam
being a bit less focused.  By comparison, one of the 10 year old Cibies
literally fell apart in my hands when I removed it to change the
(internally defective) bulb.

Randall