TR3B

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3B
From: William Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 20:53:22 +1300
My 3B TSF110 L0 has the TR4 all sycno gear box,& was not made out of left
over TR3A parts.I have sent Bill Piggott photos that i took during total
rebuild showing the makers name printed on sheet steel,ie guards,doors,rear
spare wheel door,along with the dates that the steel came out of the steel
mills.My 3B was made in May 1962 the steel dated is March 1962.The steering
box also has March 1962 stamped on.The fire wall thats were the steering &
pedal box is does not have the cover plate on the right hand side like the
3A,the 3B was only made for left hand drive.Some books say the first 3B had
the 3A gear box,my gearbox has TSF 126,not far away from comm number.The
rear axle has TS 82???? stamped, may be the last of the 3A axle assy.For
history sake what have later 3B axles have stamped on housing TS 84????? or
TSF or TCF?????. Cheers Ashley.