Re: TR6 Occasional Pulsation/Vibration Under Braking

To: diiulio@ix.netcom.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Occasional Pulsation/Vibration Under Braking
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:10:21 EST
There is another culprit that can cause disc brakes to pulsate.  Over
torquing the wheel nuts may warp the rotors.].  I had a similiar problem with
a Buick.  5,000 after a brake job with new rotors I had the tires rotated.
Driving home the brakes were pulsating.  I brought it back and they said they
need to turn down the rotors.  Same problem on the drive home.  I brought it
back and watched them turn the rotors (which were warped) but then had them
torque the nuts on, at 85 foot lbs.  No problems after that.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A TS58399 (in suspended animation in garage)