Re: 1974 tr6

Subject: Re: 1974 tr6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:58:39 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <tfriend@eclipse.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:Herald948@aol.com
>> I HAVE B4EN TRYING TO GET THESE CARB RUNING CORRECTLY.  i HAVE THEM NOW
SET
> AS RICH AS I CAN GET THEM.   ADJUSTMENT TOO SET COUNTER CLOCKWISE AS FAR
AS
> IT WILL GO.  hOWEVER, WHEN I LIFT THE DASH POT THEY WILL STALL.  dOES THE

> FLOAT SET INCORRECTLY AFFECT THE RICHNESS OF THIESE CARBS.    HELP
tfriend@
> nhvweb.net
<

Hate to tell you this but counter clockwise is lean.  Clockwise is the
direction for a richer setting.  Also, how much are you lifting the piston.
 The SU's have a special lift pin for raising the piston a prescribed
amount but the ZS carb's do not.  Without this calibrated pin it is all too
easy to overlift the pistons.  Use a small flat-blade screwdriver and give
it a twisting motion to raise it the same amount each time.

And take care adjusting from full lean as the needle can adjust all the way
off the adjusting screw and become disengaged.  This will require removal
of the piston and pushing on the needle while turning the adjusting screw
to re-engage the two.

Oh, and the float level must be set right before beginning.

Good Luck

Dave