Dash Pot Oil

To: <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Dash Pot Oil
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:23:07 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill,

After owning an MGB-GT and a TR-3B, my understanding is the following. When
you drop the cap into the hole in the top of the SU carb, it will free fall
until the bottom reaches the oil, which resists it's fall.  It's very easy
to feel this point.  Fill the carb with damping oil until resistance is felt
when the bottom of the cap is about 1/4 inch above the point where it would
be if it were screwed down to the normal operating point.  Use clean SAE20
oil.  I use No. 20 three-in-one oil.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B