Re: Magnesium TR4 wheels.../ Was TR6 Aftermarket Wheels Identification

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Magnesium TR4 wheels.../ Was TR6 Aftermarket Wheels Identification
From: "Gary Allgood" <leyte@lvs.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:04:12 -0600
Thanks for all the input, I received no less than 3 replies before 9:22 this
morning.

It is good to know they are "original" dealer installed for a TR4A, as I
beleived. Mine is not a 4A, but I can live with it. They do look very cool,
and I couldn't image it with anything else. The 48 spoke wheels it was
delivered with were obviously removed some time thereafter, due to strength
problems.

I will stay away from all open flames, and Rich Rock in PA.   ;)

After a good cleaning  my spokes were grey in color also, as noted by Rich.

There is also a American Racing Magnesium "aluminum identification plate" on
two of the wheels.

I guess the next question is: Can someone provide me a picture of the center
caps? I would be even happier if I could buy a set of 4, in any condition.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Allgood
62 TR4 CT/3795-LO