aftermarket wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: aftermarket wheels
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:37:39 EST
I have on my TR6 a set of American Racing mags 6"x15" that never had the
exposed large threads on the centre round section.
I bought a set of hexagonal TR250/TR6 chrome caps as fitted as standard to
wire wheels and had them lathed out to fit over the centre section of the ARE
wheels.What I needed now was some way of holding them in position.I had made
up four---evidently one per wheel----"top hat bushes" that went thro' the
centres of the wheels from the inside, these located the small ledge built
into the wheel centres.Into the chrome caps weld threaded bars and locate
these thro' the top hat bushes(evidently drill a hole into each top hat
first).Offer up the chrome cap to the wheel, insert the top hat bush from the
inside,add small locking nut ,and hey presto you have right and left handed
centre chromed caps for the centre of non-threaded ARE mags or alloys. These
really look the part---far nicer than the two-eared spinners.
If anyone needs further details I can go into more detail if required.
Alan Graham
TR6 CP25616  0
Scotland