Steering column bushing

To: "Triumphs \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering column bushing
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 22:08:58 -0500
Listers:

I'm planning my late winter projects on my TR6. One item in need of
attention is the steering cloumn bushings. From what I can tell, almost all
of the slop in on the steering wheel end of things.
Being a big fan of time saving, here's the question- has anyone changed the
top bearing with the steering column in place?
I'm thinking along the lines of tearing the topside off with the column in
the car. Then, fish out the old bushing and putting in the new bits and
closing the wound in place.
IS this possible? Or am I making more work for myself doing it this way?

Paul Burr