RE: Spitfire Smog Pump

To: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Smog Pump
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:27:45 -0800
Justin :

If all else fails, call the Parts Locator Service at 1-800-826-3566.  They
will either find you a smog pump, or give you an exemption allowing your car
to pass CA smog check without it.

Current California law (SB42) calls for cars 30 years old and older to be
exempt from smog check, starting in 2004.  Thus your Spit would be exempt in
2006.  But, there has been talk of rolling the exemption date back to 1966,
in combination with an exemption for cars driven less than 5000 miles/year.

Randall