Re Rotor and Caps Question

To: d@seanet.com
Subject: Re Rotor and Caps Question
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:56:16 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Your ignition rotor failing is not at all uncommon. I always carry a
spare. Actually, I carry a spare cap, rotor, condensor and points. Yes, I
carry the points just in case the Crane system fails.

The Crane system has been completely reliable for 25K miles, so I have no
reason to believe it'll fail.

But I still carry the old stuff "just in case".

Note: I don't recall the tune-up schedule, but it seems to me that you
were supposed to replace the rotor every6K miles anyway...

Also, sometimes the rotor metal thingie just falls off, but most times
they crack and the high voltage shorts out to the distributir rotor.

Gee, I really miss the old days....

;-)

regards,
rml