TR 4 Radiator Recore

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 4 Radiator Recore
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 16:58:13 -0800
I found to my surprise that I have a long neck TR4 radiator - correct for my
'62.
The core has a massive hole punched through it and the fan has made contact
with the core as well.
Almost looks like the handcrank was left in when the engine started and
things got ugly quick!
I have two questions (stoopid?):
1. Was there a change date or comm. # going from radiators with handcrank
holes to ones without, or were they interchangeable during production?
2. Has anyone had a radiator recored at the local shop? How was the
experience and performance with the shop and the core?
This will be for a racing application, so a heavy duty core will be a
specification.
Any info or experience is appreciated!
Brad
'62 TR4