Re: Replacing TR3 windscreen glass

To: miket@rio.edu
Subject: Re: Replacing TR3 windscreen glass
From: "Mike Kitchener" <mikek@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:05:32 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mike

The four screws are screwed into the angle steel .If they do not
unscrew , I suggest that you drill the heads on each side and leave
the bottom screws . The lower frame can then be removed .
Be careful when you refit the stanchions afterwards as the three
screws have different lengths.....shortest on the top , longest on
the bottom .
Hope this helps
Good luck

> Just a quick question. Those four pesky little screws that hold the
> windscreen frame together. Do they thread into the frame or into the small
> piece of angle steel? I would like to know before I drill them out. Do I
> need to preserve any threads in the frame itself?

Mike Kitchener
60 TR3A TS 75178