Re: will a TR2-3 O/D tranny fit a later type?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: will a TR2-3 O/D tranny fit a later type?
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:02:45 -0600
Another thing you could do is add the overdrive unit from the earlier
transmission to your existing transmission.  You need to replace your
mainshaft, or have your existing mainshaft converted to OD spec, to
power the overdrive.

Then you'd have overdrive and four synchros!

See Overdrive Repair Services in the UK; I don't know if anyone else
offers such a service or not.  http://www.overdrive-repairs.co.uk/

Best,
Dan

--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L, now with an O!  Undergoing frame-off restoration
begun 9/99.  Currently awaiting warm weather and funds.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, with an O.  In need of a comprehensive
restoration (again); will probably become a Spit6 or a Spit8.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!