TR6 Clutch Problems (Still)

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch Problems (Still)
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 08:09:05 -0600
Well I got the taper pin replaced, cross drilled the fork and shaft, and
installed a grade 8 bolt.  Put it all back together and tried it before
reinstalling the whole interior.  It worked, just moving it in the garage so
I figured everything was right.  Put the interior back together and prepared
to go for a ride yesterday.  Started out of the driveway and it was
difficult to get into reverse. :(  Went around the block and by the time I
got home I couldn't get it into reverse with the engine running. :(:(  First
gear was very difficult and the clutch engaged almost as soon as I started
releasing the clutch pedal.  I noticed that it gets worse the more I drive
the car.  I had my SO come out and press the clutch pedal so I could check
the travel at he slave cylinder.  Looking in the archive I found there
should be 5/8 inch of movement.  I get less than 1/2 inch.  Had the SO hold
the pedal and watched to see if the clutch returned on it's own (Thanks
Jody) and sure enough, it starts releasing almost right away.

So now I'm going to rebuild the master cylinder and slave cylinders.
Hopefully this will cure the problem.  Any other recommendations of what may
causing my problem would be appreciated.  I'm just not sure this will cure
the problem.  I had every intention of driving the car to work today, but oh
well, maybe later this week.

Any advise is greatly appreciated as always.

Ken Waringa