GT6 Springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Springs
From: GHaynesTR4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:36:15 EST
It's almost time to assemble my Mark I GT6 chassis, and I need some advice on
front and rear springs.  I want to lower the car 2-3" at both ends.  For the
front, I
have two sets of coil springs to choose from, the stock GT6 ones and some
from an early Spitfire.  The problem is whether to chop a coil or two off
either set, or purchase something else.
At the rear, I have a new "swing spring" (from the later cars) and need to
"de-arch" it
some amount.
If someone has experience in this area, it could save lots of trial and error
on my part.
Thanks in advance!
George Haynes