TR4 wood dash optional?

To: bradlnss@lightspeed.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 wood dash optional?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:39:30 EST
Brad
my understanding is that the wood dash was a factory option for a year or so
before it became standard.
I took one of those kind out of a wrecked TR4 back in 1975. It is a little
different than the standard kind. When it became standard the switch plinth
changed and the way the plinth interacts with the wood is slightly different.
Later wood dashes have a slightly different plinth recess. Mine also doesn't
have a hole for the guage dimmer switch (I turned that switch to 'high' and
taped it up behind the dash).
And as Art said it is held in place by some 5 chrome screws (none being
oversized).

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L