Re: Show report/temp. gauge

Subject: Re: Show report/temp. gauge
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:12:38 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John :

All the gauges I've removed from US-spec TR3/As have read 90-230F.  My
copy of 'Original Triumph TR2/3/3A' says the same thing, perhaps your
"200" was a typo.  The parts list shows only one 'Farenheit' gauge part
number.

In any case, Smiths made instruments for a wide variety of cars, and the
2" round housing is a standard size.  My guess would be that the gauge
you found was from another car, or perhaps even an aftermarket item.

Autojumble sellers, much like those on eBay, don't always know what they
are selling ...

Randall