Re: FIRST DRIVE - TR3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FIRST DRIVE - TR3A
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:19:38 -0600
>Well, after nearly 3 years of restoration work Saturday was the first that I
>drove my TR3A out of the neighbourhood.
>Wow.

Congratulations, Jerry!  I'm envious.  My own TR3 has another season
to go, I think.

Overdrives do give a bit of a kick, especially at high speeds.  If
you find it disconcerting, you can push the clutch in and make it
more of a "shift" than a "switch" into overdrive.  That should make
it gentler.  It's not necessary, though, in my experience - my first
car, a '76 Volvo with overdrive (J-type, not A-type), went 180,000+
miles, and no overdrive problems.  Would probably still be going
today if it hadn't got rear-ended.  But I digress ... overdrives are
pretty durable.

The "L" in the commission number, if it's in the form TS15098L like
mine, signifies left-hand drive.

Sorry , can't help on the other questions!

Dan

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]