Herald Coupe & 948 Convertible Windscreen Seals

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Herald Coupe & 948 Convertible Windscreen Seals
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:33:28 -0000 teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f1DEXWX26837
Hi,
        I sent the following to the Herald group some time back, during a
sabbatical from this list. Please respond off-list if you are interested:

Both front and rear seals are well past their best in my 1200 Coupe, so
despite a reluctance to take on the responsibility, I am considering the
possibility of having a batch of new seals produced. This is the seal which
uses the wide stainless steel finisher, with the same section being fitted
to both front and rear screens of all 948 Coupes and early 1200 Coupes, as
well as all 948 Convertibles.
        If you anticipate you'll need this seal please let me know
(off-list) asap. Once I have a rough quantity worked out I can find out the
exact price. The 948 Saloon seals I commissioned last year worked out at 32
UKP each (a few still available), but I would hope that there is greater
demand for the Coupe/Convertible seal, which would reduce the unit cost. As
with the Saloon seals, they will be produced as a continuous section,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupi Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupi
=====U==============U=====  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
 | |                  | |   1961 Herald 1200 Coupi
 |_|                  |_|   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at:
http://www.egroups.com/group/triumph_herald