Rebuilding Lucas 22D distributor

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilding Lucas 22D distributor
From: aribert neumann <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 05:44:46 -0500
Anyone out there rebuilt (rebushed) the distributor on their TR6? Did
you have to ream the bushings after they were installed.  Did the
bushing replacement reduce shaft (rotor) wobble? My dist had enough
shaft wobble that the rotor had cut a groove in some of the terminals in
the dist cap.

Any other things that I should be looking at while I have it apart;
i.e. replacing springs on the centrifugal advance or grinding a bit on
the stop to get more than 16 deg (stamped on the stop) centrifugal
advance?  Engine background: triple Webers (therefore no vac advance on
the dist), 9.3:1 CR, S2 cam grind, modest head porting/port matching, 6
into 1 headers (engine is in a GT6), Crane xr700 ingition.

I also have a Delco dist that was on my GT6 engine - is there a
performance advantage in rebuilding it instead?

Any: been there, done that - please chime in.  Meanwhile, I'm back to
digest mode.