Re ebay purchasing and redqueen

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re ebay purchasing and redqueen
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 06:16:11 -0000
I am a keen purchaser on eBay and have found that it can be an ideal place
to find those hard to find parts and associated automobilia needed for
restoration of a 35 year old car.
I have had only one bad experience, the details of which I shared with the
List members, re mjlessor@aol.com, a couple of weeks ago.
The outcome of this purchase has shown that eBay gives no support what so
ever despite the assurances on their web site that all purchases are insured
against fraud.
Their replies to me were pathetic and inadequet. I am now very much 'buyer
beware' and I will read the sellers feedback much more closely.
This leads me onto Redqueen. I had just studied his feedback a few days
prior to the various comments made on the list. It was just coincidence that
he had an item I was interested in, needless to say I did not bid. After
reading the various comments, good and bad, on the 'List' one point is
glaringly obvious. If he fails to deliver or fails to deliver within a
reasonable time he is not 'playing the game' correctly and he is just as
much a crook as a real one.
If he has the time and organisational ability to prepare and list the items
then he should have time to pack and despatch the goods. It is simply a
matter of priorities. He may be the most disorganised person in the world
but he is not disorganised when he wants your money. I am giving him a wide
berth and I would suggest the same to all would be eBay buyers.

Adrian in UK
TR4A CT64306 O