Re: DuPage Illinois LBC parts jumble

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DuPage Illinois LBC parts jumble
From: "Rob Blubaugh" <blubaugh@rcsc.k12.in.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:33:20 -0600
Hi listers, especially those in the midwest region of the USA -

What are the possibilities of finding an engine for a TR2 / TR3 at the
DuPage event?  I have never been to this event and I
don't know what to expect.

I am in need of either an engine or a good (rebuildable) cylinder head,
crankshaft, and camshaft.  I would also be interested
in contacting a service vendor (I may have one lined up) for doing a
rebuild on the transmission from my car.  I need "cost
effective alternatives," as my car is not one that justifies making
major expenditures.  (I know, I know, major expenditures
are a natural consequence of this hobby.  But really now, food,
clothing, and shelter for the children must come first.)

At DuPage do they sometimes buy/sell parts cars?  Maybe I should borrow
a trailer, winch my old growler aboard and bring it
along.  Anyone interested?  (I would have to sell at a significant loss
and that isn't the option of first consideration just
yet, but I might go there if there was a strong interest from someone.)
Swaps, anyone?

Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, IN (about 70 miles SE of Chicago, just off I-65 at the 215
exit)