Re: Shipping large parts?---Thanks!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shipping large parts?---Thanks!
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:57:21 EST
Hello,

First I want to thank everyone who offered ideas and assistance for shipping
a TR3 bonnet from southeastern PA to Saint Louis.

Since no list members are planning any road trips for at least another month
or two, I am considering using either Forward Air or Greyhound Package
Express.  They seem to be the best "low-cost" options right now.

I talked to Greyhound today, and they told me they handled packages weighing
up to 100 pounds with maximum dimensions 53"x74"x24".  Quoted me a price of
$68.10 to ship a 100 pound package that size from King Of Prussia, PA to
Saint Louis, MO.  It will probably cost less, since the weight should come in
under 100 pounds.  The quoted price includes a $3.00 charge for $300
insurance, which is the maximum they insure any package.

I haven't talked to Forward Air yet, and from what I have been told I expect
their price would not be any higher, but probably not low enough to justify
the extra time and effort required for me to drive to their terminal near the
Philly airport....UNLESS there are some horror stories I haven't heard about
Greyhound's service???

Again, thanks for all the info!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA