RE: TR6 Rear Spring Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Rear Spring Removal
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:30:50 -0800
Subject: TR6 Rear Spring RemovalDavid,
Its been a while since I last did this, but I simply put a hydraulic floor
jack under the trailing arm,......

David,
This is a bit late but the last time I did this I had to unbolt the transaxles
to give enough drop to allow extraction of the rear stock springs. This made an
otherwise quicky operation into a bit longer than I expected as the bolts take
a while to remove and put back on. It may not matter much, but mark the mating
surfaces of the transaxles to try and maintain the original orientation for
balance purposes.