Summary-TR7 Tire sizing

Subject: Summary-TR7 Tire sizing
From: karen hakala & tim hutchisen <hakhutch@megalink.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:04:25 -0600
Thanks to the many listers who responded to my query of tire sizing! The
overwhelming response was 205/60/13 size is no problem clearance-wise.
The only pitfall seems to be that this rolling circumference is slightly
smaller (2.2%) than original 185/70/13. This results in a slightly
inaccurate speedometer reading and overreving of the motor. Due to the
fact that the car could be a potential concours Spider, I've decided to
replace the original Goodyear 800's with a 185/70/13 size to keep the
originality. As much as I wanted something with a little more "attitude"
in the fenderwells, my wife (her car) reasoned me into sensibility.
Someday maybe I'll have a TR8 with "attitude".
Thanks again to all who responded.
Tim Hutchisen
'80 TR7 Spider- <23,000 orig. miles
'71 TR6 w/ many miles