ebay (?)

To: "'TR6 List (E-mail) '" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ebay (?)
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 01:21:52 -0600
Peter Zaborski wrote:

>The TR6 Competition Preparation Manual,
>already at $52 US and still 3 days to go!

>Who are these bidders???

I can only assume that there are a lot of folks who'd like to tweak their
Triumphs a bit--and are aware of the value of the Kastner booklet--but have
somehow not yet hooked up with TRF, Moss or any of the Triumph owners'
clubs.

I used to write to the unsuccessful bidders to congratulate them on their
good luck in not being the high bidder - and to direct them to TRF, but this
is no longer possible under eBay's new system where the bidders' email
addresses are accessible only to the seller.

It might be a useful (though expensive and time-consuming) project for VTR
to assemble a mailing list of all registered TR owners, so that they can all
be sent a "Triumph Fact Sheet", along with an invitation to join the VTR.

Jim Hill