Re: carberator rebuild

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: carberator rebuild
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:52:01 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Alan,

The rod should be 6 inches long  or longer.  1/4 inch diameter should be =
OK.  It should slide in the hole in the bottom of the air valve after =
the metering needle and carrier have been removed.  It should be no =
bigger in diameter than the needle carrier.   The rod need not be steel =
--- a wood dowel would also work.   dowels and steel rods are carried by =
most hardware stores. I just used a scrap piece of steel rod I had in =
the shop.   You might try using a wooden pencil -- eraser end in first.  =
If you break it off in the carb, you'll have to go get the steel rod to =
shove both the pencil remains and the clip out.=20

----- Original Message -----=20