Re: Changing from mineral-based to silicone hydraulic fluid.

To: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Changing from mineral-based to silicone hydraulic fluid.
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:14:31 -0500
Nelson:

I converted my GT6 to silicone 3 years ago simply by emptying the DOT 4, and
bleeding through about a quart of DOT 5.  No problems whatsoever, and I'm
about to do the same for my TR6.

I think the problems with this procedure are overblown, especially on a
vehicle that gets regular attention.  I'd recommend rebleeding the system a
bit a few months after conversion.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6