Re: SU's or Weber on a Spit?

To: Triumph Driver <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: SU's or Weber on a Spit?
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:05:49 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Never "A" Weber!  If you are going Weber, get 2 DCOE's  A single weber DGV is
ok but not a real speed burner because of it's progressive linkage.

A single DCOE is inefficient because of the unequal length of the tubes that
are necessary to feed the intake ports of the Spit head.  Dual DCOE's
work much better and will not have the potential to deliver unequal amounts of
fuel between the outside and inside pair of cylinders.

HS2's work well too.  I have them on my 1500.  Easy to tune and not half bad in
delivering power.  However the twin HS4's from European 1500's would
be preferable.

Joe