Re: generator problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: generator problems
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:17:58 +1000 FILETIME=[F8397110:01C0F20B]
Cc: rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com
My generator is giving me the opposite problem. It charges for a little
while at over 2,000rpm. If it is driven with the headlights on, or if the
thermo fan kicks in, the car begins to discharge regardless of the revs it
is given. It does not charge at all at idle and discharges at idle if some
electrics are on.

Any ideas? I am still keen to do the alternator swap, as I belive it is more
practicle on a semi-daily driver, but if someone can think of a simple fix
then I will try it...

BTW thank you to all those who replied on my original alternator question.

Regards,
Michael Gajic
Sydney, Australia
1963 TR4 CT23641