Re: 'New' Triumph in the family

To: randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 'New' Triumph in the family
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 17:56:19 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/30/2001 4:04:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
randallyoung@earthlink.net writes:

> Well, I guess it's official, I'm now the proud owner of a 1965 Triumph
>  Sports 6 convertible (aka Vitesse).  I'm going to pick it up next week.

And it is also official: I'm jealous! :-)

>  Would anyone care to comment on how many of these were sold in the US ?
>  Andy ?

I could suggest you go to <http://www.vtr.org/Herald/Herald-history.html>, or
I could tell you that, officially, 679 Sports 6 models, all convertibles,
were sold in the United States. FWIW, your car isn't really a '65, as it
likely was built sometime well before, possibly even in calendar year 1963
for original sale as a 1963 or 1964 model. I'd have to look it up again to be
sure. But it apparently also has one of those "STC 65" plates, so it probably
languished at a dealer or distributor for some time when new.

So, what are your plans? Restore to original, I hope? :-)

--Andy
Andrew Mace, President and 10/Herald/Sports 6 (Vitesse) Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register
<www.vtr.org>