RE: Sidescreen List

To: <greenbugeye@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Sidescreen List
From: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 10:08:06 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Chris,

I don't have my source books in front of me but I would say that there were
probably around 70-80 cars in process on the factory floor at one time. At the
height of TR3 production they were probably turning out around 50 cars a day.
This is a dim recollection of what I have read and I may be off by a great
margin. As for survivors close together, my TR2 (TS1436L) is only 4 numbers off
Phil Pattingale's car (TS1440). A longtime TRSC club member, Bob Reinhold,  had
a TR2 that was only 4 or five numbers off mine as well the other way. That car
was sold overseas but I'm pretty certain it still exists. Thats 3 cars within
10 numbers. I also have a Swallow Doretti and there are 4 cars within a range
of 12 numbers still around just in California! The survival rate on our cars is
a lot higher than you may think.

Cheers,

Kurt Oblinger