RE: Thoughts on: Clink, Clank, Tank.

To: "'Westerdale, Bob'" <bwesterdale@edax.com>, "'Bill Pugh'" <anabil@caltel.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Thoughts on: Clink, Clank, Tank.
From: Ed Quinn <equinn@airtreatment.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:23:45 -0700
The float probably has fuel in it.  Popular problem, float sinks, bangs
around.  The floats at NAPA fit, but they won't sell it loose.  I saw a
thread about how to fix, but boiling a gasoline impregnated float to me is
on the same level as gas tank welding.  I don't know if the parts houses
sell just a float.  I bought the NAPA sending unit, fits, but gauge is off.
Sloshing the car around tells me when to fill, along with resetting the trip
each fill up....don't do it.
If not this ....do you remember that that 9/16ths wrench you were looking
for, it fell in the tank and is slowly making its way out, one clunk at a
time :-)

Ed