TR3 Replacement Door Post Assembly

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Replacement Door Post Assembly
From: David Willett & Carol Gray <willgray@region.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 12:50:46 -0400
Has anybody had problems with the replacement door post assembly as
supplied by Moss? I find that the captive nut plates to which the
door hinge screws are supposed to attach have the threads mis-aligned
so that it is possible to insert only 3 of the 4 upper hinge screws
and 2 of the three lower hinge screws. The captive nut plate is
inaccessible for modification unless I completely remove the door
post which has been welded into place. Is there any way round this?
  Incidentally I also have found that the captive nuts to which the
fender  attaches to the post are not the square type, but standard
hexagonal head, which of course rotates in the cage when any torque
is applied. I have been able to replace these.
  Dave
--
1957/1960 Triumph TR 3A
  # TS24301/TS80479