Re: TR6 as a daily driver. Possible?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 as a daily driver. Possible?
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 05:27:02 -0700 (PDT)
TR6 as a daily driver.

Yes it is possible.

I bought mine a little more than a year ago.
Round about the same time, the old Toyota truck died.  (my fault. . . long
story)

I decided to put my money where my mouth had been:  "They are reliable enough
to use as daily transportation."  I'd tell my friends.

It has been an experience. (and an expense)

I've had to make a lot of repairs.
But I expected this.  I drove the car more in the past year (12,000 mi) than it
was driven in the previous 15 years.

But life is an adventure. Why be boring?

Nothing is free though, so be prepared with some funding and to put some sweat
equity into it.  It will be worth it though.

My advice for what car to purchase:

Get as good a car as you can, but realize, no matter how good it is, you will
be making repairs in short order.  I think this happens whenever ANY car
switches owners.

Don't get a cosmetically perfect car.  You'll be too worried about protecting
it to enjoy it.

Join a local club and keep reading this list.

Go for it.

Scott Tilton
In Leesburg VA
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/