Re: VTR trip

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: VTR trip
From: Bill Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 07:33:49 -0700
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "[unknown]" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
>Now, Fred, didn't I try my darnedest to talk you into an alternate route?
>
>BTW you obviously haven't driven I-10 through Lousiana.

Sounds like Dave is on the right track, the "best" way to drive a LBC
cross country (or anywhere else) is on the red/blue line roads, stay
off the Interstates!
We took a wonderfull trip from Wallace,CA to St.Joseph, MO doing just
that. The route included CA hiways 88, 395, US50 (the lonelist hiway
in the world) US93 and US26 following the Platte River East.  This is
essentially the Oregon Trail from Jackson, WY in reverse, very well
maintained two lane roads, lots of great small towns to go through,
and NO ONE on them...not even Cops...I think there was one small
section where we could not avoid an Interstate, but it was only for a
few miles. We had no schedule and simply stopped when and where we
choose.
Leaving St.Joseph, we did the same thing going West on the Santa Fe Trail.
--
Bill Pugh
Two @ Home