Gas in the Sump after VTR

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas in the Sump after VTR
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 15:01:03 EDT
Hey Guys,
I took the TR6 to Breckinridge on a Trailer.  Once there I drove it 360 miles
or so.
Today, back in Ohio and good air, I took it out for a run and noticed the oil
pressure was down.  Upon checking the oil I found the level was way high and
it smelled like gas!  I drained the sump and about a gallon and a half of oil
and gas came out!  Any clue as to what the heck happened?  The Six was
running Semi OK up there but was way down on power.  The plugs were a little
black but not too bad.  Could the lack of good air up there cause gas to wash
down the cylinders into the Sump?  Or do I have another mysterious problem?
Darrell