Re: strange light behavior

Subject: Re: strange light behavior
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 19:24:09 -0700
Cc: triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ever notice how the lightbulbs in your house seem to always fail just
when you turn them on ?  That's because when you first apply power to an
incandescent bulb, it draws far more current for the first few
milliseconds than it normally does, and the "inrush" current is more
likely to blow a weakened filament.

You've got the same problem, except it's a bad connection or contact
somewhere that can't handle the inrush current (sometimes).  Switching
to high beams causes the current surge to happen again because, even
though the filaments are in the same bulb as the low beams, they are
relatively cool and hence low resistance.

BTW, your problem could get worse (ie no headlights) at any time.  You
might consider limiting your after dark activities ...

Randall