'59 TR3A Shifter

Subject: '59 TR3A Shifter
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 21:00:39 -0400
I noticed on eBay that a person was selling an original shifter
lever for a '59 TR3A.  The original transmission on my '59 TR3A had a
shifter lever that was straight while the OD unit I bought from a '57
TR3A came with a shifter lever that goes up and then bends back toward
the driver.  The books make no reference to which is correct and every
picture I could find in the books have the boot cover where the bend
would occur and the spare parts catalog shows a straight shifter lever.

Which is correct?

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6