Re: How to keep TR4A engine turning?

To: PeterSchop@aol.com
Subject: Re: How to keep TR4A engine turning?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 20:27:16 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Peter :

It should not hurt anything to turn the engine over 'dry', the oil just
provides an extra layer of protection against corrosion.  Since the goal
is to keep all the surfaces coated with oil, my preference is for heavy
motor oil (or even gear oil).  But anything, even WD40, is probably
better than nothing.

IMO it's also a good idea to tape up the intake and exhaust, to help
keep moisture and critters out.

Randall