pulsing headlights

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: pulsing headlights
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 10:25:57 -0600
Driving on Colorado's patented twisty roads Sunday morning, I passed a few
motorcycles with pulsing headlights. Newer BMWs I think. I think this is
accomplished with a "headlight modulator" that pulses the light -- 240
pulses/minute +/- in daylight -- but allows it to function normally at night
(see link below).

It looks like federal law only covers motorcycles, but it'd sure be nice to have
accessory driving lamps that would pulse-o-matically improve my visibility on
twisty roads. Any thoughts?

http://www.ibmwr.org/ktech/kisan-install/index.shtml

--
Steven Newell