Re: Half mast flag

To: "'mhooper@pixelsystems.com'" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: Half mast flag
From: John Macartney <jonmac@heritagemotorcentre.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 12:20:08 +0100
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mark Hooper wrote:
We the combined peoples of this place must act together to ensure that root
and branch all traces of this disesase are gone.

NATO Article 5 allows for this and I am sure we all hope to see those who
lead us, wherever we may live, acting in harmony towards a common objective.
I'm just wondering how far they are prepared to go or how long they are
prepared to uphold the pledge.
This is an entirely new kind of war in which the aggressors have
demonstrated that maximum damage can be caused without a flotilla of ships,
missiles and land forces - and in the most insidious and barbaric manner.
The prosecution of activity to wipe out terrorism of any sort or scale will
doubtless precipitate the deaths of many more innocent souls who seek
nothing but peace.
In 1940, our own Prime Minister, Winston Churchill said of the Battle of
Britain, "...this is the end of the beginning." I harbour the greatest fears
that history is about to repeat itself on a more global and terrifying scale
in which further thousands of innocent men, women and children will have
their lives involuntarily but inevitably laid down in the process of ridding
this world of terrorism in every form.
Such is the unacceptable but inevitable and necessary face of war

John Macartney