TR3 Door Seals

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Door Seals
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@theriver.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:33:38 -0700
I'm fitting some rubber door seals to the TR3 without the benefit of
having seen the old seals in place.  Each supplier seems to offer
slightly different sets (some sold by the yard e.g.).

What I have are the 3 pairs of rubber seals sold by TRF:

650046 - "under doors, secured with 12 clips and weatherstrip adhesive
at rear"
Q - The piece is much longer than the bottom edge of the door -- do I
trim or does the excess (about 6") go somewhere?  The holes for the 12
clips run the full length of the door so the reference to adhesive is
what has me 'cornfused'.

603257 - "front of doors... 8 clips"
Q - This seems clear enough except that again the piece is quite a bit
longer than needed -- trim or does the excess just dangle?

650044 - "rear of door, vertical, secured with adhesive"
Q - Which way does the lip aim -- to the outer edge of the door or
toward the jam?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A