Re: TR-6 Hazard Rocker Switch

To: pbitton@axess.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Hazard Rocker Switch
From: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 23:22:58 EDT
Cc: jswauger@microserve.net
Patrick and List-

I took Dan Master's advice and routed a toggle switch under the dash and
by-passed the faulty prone emergency flashers.

In one position the turn signals will work when engaged. In another position,
the emergency flashers will work. In the third position, neither the flashers
nor the turn signals will work. I recommend the fix. You can keep the
original emergency flasher unit installed in the dash for originality
purposes, but have a toggle switch that is efficient.

Hope this helps.

Steve Thornton
Bowling Green, KY

1962 TR3B
1968 TR 250
1971 TR6

In a message dated 9/15/2001 6:53:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
pbitton@axess.com writes:

> I am in search of a rocker type hazard switch. The one that I have right now
> measures 3/4"(plastic housing). I used Dan Master's book and came to the
> conclusion that the hazard switch was faulty. The center piece of the
> plastic has a deep groove which prevents the little rocker to make contact
> for the turn signals. If anyone knows a way I can pull a McGiver on this
> switch, it would really help me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

1434 Mt. Ayr Circle