Re: cable linkage for TR6 ? FILETIME=[578D9140:01C13FC4] teamfat2.dsl.ar

Subject: Re: cable linkage for TR6 ? FILETIME=[578D9140:01C13FC4] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f8HLxUP13105
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:59:26 -0700
>Is there a standard for replacing the hard linkage for the TR6 throttle with
>a cable connection.
>I am planning to install the Goodparts 3 ZS carb setup and thought that I
>could rectify the whole linkage at the same time.

Mark:

Personally, I wouldn't replace the mechanical linkage on a TR6 with a
cable
 My recommendation would be to replace the goofy little
ball-joint gizmos (which I find are really klunky and most likely
worn out) with standard spherical rod ends purchased at a local
bearing house.  This will restore your linkage and remove most if not
all of the lost motion.  I also made a bronze bushing to fit at the
pivot of the bellcrank on the standard linkage arrangement. I'm not
intimately familiar with the Goodparts linkage, but I assume the
above advice would apply here as well.

I did this 12 years ago after an engine rebuild and the throttle
operation is still smooth and responsive, without the excess play or
sloppiness of the OEM arrangement.

Best of luck!

--
Pete Chadwell