FW:Do Not Open README.EXE -- NOT a Hoax

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Brit-list'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW:Do Not Open README.EXE -- NOT a Hoax
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:05:15 -0400
A new malicious computer worm is currently propagating. If you receive email
with an attachment called readme.exe DO NOT open or view it.

Also, if you are viewing a web page and it attempts to execute or save a
file called readme.eml DO NOT allow this file to be executed or saved. The
web server attempting to serve you this file has been infected.

One of my students opened it last night on our student workstation.  We are
now trying to clean it.   TRYING is the operative word.

Carl