TR6 brake lockup

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: TR6 brake lockup
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:19:57 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Jack W. Drews"
>My TR6 locked up its front brakes. I barely made it home, brakes
smoking. The brake pedal action felt like I was stepping on a brick.
Yanking on the emergency brake lever had no effect. The next day, all
was well. Never had this happen to any car before.

Prime suspect -- master cylinder -- a new one, I $uppose. Second suspect

-- booster.

Anone out there ever have this specific problem (before I spend myself
into oblivion)?
<

Jack,

First thing to check is the brake hoses but usually they don't both go bad
at once.  The car starts pulling to one side or the other.

Next time it occurs back off the two nuts that secure the master cylinder
to the booster by two turns and see it that cures the problem.  If so, I
guess that tells us something, but I'm not sure what.  Booster, I guess.

Good luck

Dave Massey